Equal Voice is seeking an experienced researcher and policy advisor to help us deliver our mission of electing and retaining more women in Canada.
Who We Are
Equal Voice (equalvoice.ca) is a national, bilingual, multi-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to electing more women to all levels of political office in Canada. Multi-partisanship is at the core of our work and Equal Voice brings together people from all of Canada’s political parties, united in the common goal of increasing women’s representation in politics.
A pillar for all of Equal Voice’s work is collaboration. This position will work directly with partner organizations and represent Equal Voice on a collaborating project dedicated to the Government of Canada’s 50-30 Challenge. As Researcher and Policy and Advisor, you will provide your research expertise, advise on all aspects related to the project, and share your knowledge on equity and diversity action plans.
In this position, you will be working with partners and communities across Canada both online and in-person. You will work an average of 35 hours per week and may include occasional evenings. This position is based at Equal Voice’s Ottawa office, or at your home office anywhere in Canada. This is a contract position ending March 2024.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Researcher and Policy and Advisor will:
- Represent Equal Voice in a multi-organization research group for the 50-30 Challenge
- Provide input on research and benchmarking methodologies
- Conduct literature reviews and analysis related to inclusion, and promising practices
- Produce reports for Equal Voice, and co-author reports with collaborators. Present findings in written reports, presentations, and op-eds or other media.
- Advise on policy recommendations, best practices, and findings
- Provide a critical lens advocating women’s issues, concerns, and perspectives
- Prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Participate and contribute to learning materials, curriculum, and webinars
- Work collaboratively with the Equal Voice team.
- Strong academic and research background related to gender equity/women’s studies/human rights, including methodologies and evaluations tools
- Experience working within a collaborating role and ability to build and foster relationships with external stakeholders.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and demonstrated experience working collaboratively with groups and/or individuals with diverse ideas, beliefs, and opinions.
- Education and/or work experience related to women’s issues, studies, perspectives
- Capacity to interact with elected officials across the political spectrum and thrive in a multi-partisan environment.
- Must have strong analytical and writing skills.
- Knowledge of and/or previous experience with the 50-30 Challenge is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working in politics as an elected official, staffer, or volunteer is an asset
- Fully vaccinated against Covid 19. The position will require attending events and meetings in a wide variety of venues, many of which require Covid-19 vaccination, and full vaccination against Covid 19 will be a requirement for the successful candidate before starting work.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is March 11, 2022, but applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Equal Voice is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups, including but not limited to, candidates who are racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, and people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.